Thursday, February 12, 2009

For The Birds...

This blog is about the MBTA. However, it seems that the decline in the quality of transportation has meandered its way to air travel. Here I sit at Logan International Airport at the mercy of winter weather, despite the 50 degree weather and the mild cloudiness in the sky. My one hour flight from Boston to Newark has been delayed by two hours. The flight prior that I was trying to catch has been cancelled. I can only pray that I make my connection flight from Newark to Copenhagen. I do not want to be spending my own hard earned money during a recession to stay at a hotel in Newark.

All of us have our own harrowing tale to tell of losing luggage, waiting at airports, spending nights at airports, not being able to get a flight to make it somewhere for an event, a funeral, a birthday, Christmas. Some of us have been upset enough to write letters and voice complaints. A couple weeks ago, the Economist published a letter from an irate passenger to Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic. Quite entertaining...and we should model our letters over this letter.

No comments: